Son of Prince Alexander of Yugoslavia and Princess Maria Pia of Savoy, Prince Michel of Yugoslavia is related to all the royal families of Europe. In addition to his professional activities, he gradually became a photographer. He took up photography where his ancestors lived in Serbia, between East and West. This is where his cycle of Coats of Arms began, mixing landscapes and their coats of arms. Optical art that at a glance reveals identity and complex history.
During international contemporary photography festivals in South Korea and China, far from his sphere of influence, he gained notoriety as an art photographer. “A walk in Monaco” is a pretty story born with the first lockdown. Thinking of his locked up friends and followers, he began to post on his Instagram what he was lucky enough to see from his windows, and in the empty streets of the Principality during authorized walking hours. Realizing the pleasure he gave to others, he published every day, for months, dozens of photographs of deserted, silent, timeless Monaco.
My family is very modern, even if it has a thousand years of history. We are related to all the royal families of Europe, including to the Russian imperial family.
My Russian roots come from my father. My dad’s mother, or my grandmother – Olga. Her grandfather was Drand Duke Vladimir, son of Alexander II and brother of Alexander III. My grandfather Paul had a Russian mother -Princess Demidoff
The best part of being a Prince is the power it gives you on yourself and with people. You are able to propose great projects that will help the planet.
A Princess must be a real person. She must not be fake, she must be genuine and have a big heart. She must have an open heart, must be powerful and wanting the good of people around her. She must care for the good of the planet and have a mission, a purpose bigger than her. She might want to eradicate pollution by plastic, or stop hunger, or help elder people. She must also be close to her husband and their children.
The title of the exhibition was called “A walk in Monaco”. I was exhibiting 19 photos in black and white of Monaco. The fact that they are not in color gives a sense of timelessness to the photography. It establishes the images in time, as if time was stopped. It also makes the subjects more elegant. Some photos were taken during the one hour of walk allowed during lock down and show a very impressive view of the city. It is also the first steps to a book.
1 . I have 3 red diplomas
Model: Natalie Spivak @queenissima
Retoucher: Dennis Starikov @dennis.sergeevish
MUAH: Salma Tahir Abbas @salmamakeup111
Designer hat: Harlem’s Heaven Hats @harlemsheavenhats
PR: TOP PR Agency @toppragency
2. My stories are read all over the world
3. I am often at Red Carpets of iconic events. You can watch me on billboards of Times Square in New York and covers of international magazines.
4. I started my first business at the age of 23 years old. Six months later I made my first million and bought my first penthouse
5. I succeed in different fields as fashion, real estates, stock market, mobile cards, writing
6. I graduated from piano school with level of music pieces of second year of piano conservatory. Even Mayor of my town came to listen my piano concerts
7. I have no addiction to money and can leave engagement even with a Prince, or a billionaire`s lifestyle
8. I won many chess and checkers competitions, also dance competitions
9. I have traveled the world. My passport is full of stamps. To date, it has been left to visit Australia. And soon I hope to do that
10. I have an interesting journey and life personally introduced me to Michael Jackson`s father Joseph, Sir Richard Branson at his private Necker Island, Dr. Edward Bosarge at his private Island Over Yonder Cay, Prince Michael of Kent in London, Prince Albert II of Monaco, Ambassadors, Ministers, top politicians all over the world and many more great personalities